Here is the list of questions that I've come up with so far. This is not meant to serve as a comprehensive list for others in a similar situation, nor will these necessarily be the only things that get discussed tomorrow:
- What are the details of the procedure that will be done?
- How long is the surgery itself expected to last?
- What is the expected time line for everything (surgery, hospital stay, recovery, and rehab)? The cardiologist initially suggested the following time line. Would you concur?
- Hospital stay: 4 to 8 days
- Recovery: 6 weeks (including hospitalization)
- Cardiac rehab: 6 to 10 weeks
- When can I consume wine or other alcohol again?
- When can I resume bicycling or other similar physical activities?
- Will any of my regular activities have to be reduced or eliminated?